Sunday, November 18, 2007

Retraction


I am officially retracting my post concerning the grève. How naive it seems of me now, after five days of trekking to and from work in the cold, wool scarf wrapped up to my nose. Yes, the temperature in Paris decided it would play along with the transportation workers and go on strike as well. As I write this, my heater is on full blast, but it still won't lift the chill from the room. And according to the weather channel on lemonde.fr, it is 1°C in Paris and may possibly snow. Moreover, it looks like it is going to rain or snow all week. How delightful.


Today unhappy Parisians are organizing a contre manifestation to show their disapproval of what many deem to be the transportation workers' selfish abuse of power. I wanted to participate, but after walking for a mere fifteen minutes outside, I could no longer feel my legs and knew there was no way I'd make it all the way to République without severe frostbite.


Enough whining. Will try to use the rest of the day for complete self-indulgence - movie, glass of wine on the terrace of a heated bistro, maybe a home spa night.

1 comment:

Jack said...

How inconsiderate of them to strike during inclement weather!!!

Given the length of their work week, holidays, leave and vacation time...when do they find "working time" for a strike?